Dave Pitt is a writer and performance poet.
- Bert – Productions by Arena Theatre (February 2016) and Holly Bush Arts Group (August 2016 & March 2017)
- Self Contained Rhythmic Narratives – Produced by Arena Theatre.
- There is None Who Does Good – Being prepared for production in December 2017.
- Smoking Cessation Project – An Invisible Theatre piece written and devised in conjunction with Gazebo Theatre.
September / October 2015 & September / October 2016
- Winner of Wolf Pack award for 14/48 Wolverhampton.
- Umpumi – Shortlisted for funding award. 2010.
- Adaptation of The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury – Co-Director / Adaptation. 2005.
- Poetry is Jazz. This is Punk Rock. Poetry Collection.
- Starting Out in Stand-Up or Why Stand-Up Comedy Saved my Life and Why it Could Save Yours published in 2013. Peaked at No. 3 in the Amazon charts. and is currently rated 4.6 / 5.0.
- Short Stories published in a variety of publications and websites.
- Articles published on platforms such as Giggle Beats, WV11.co.uk, Worcestershire Film Festival and by GMB Trade Union.
- Co-writer / co-director and co-performer of “Poets, Prattlers and Pandemonialists” – Arena Theatre, Wolverhampton. April 2017.
- Over 200 gigs across the UK.
- Co-MC of Wolverhampton Poetry Slam – Jan 2017
- Co-MC of Yes we Cant poetry night in Walsall.
- Curator and MC of Eclectic Poetry Pagoda – June 2017
- Winner of Wolverhampton Story Slam – Oct 2016
Improving the writing and communication skills of young people via Talent Match. A voluntary engagement programme which acts as a platform to increase optimism, motivation and confidence.
- Over 150 live performance around the country including Castle Hall, Bridgnorth, The Brentwood Beer and Music Festival, Brentwood and The Comedy Store, Manchester. Comedy MC Residencies included The Roadhouse, Stirchley and Subside, Birmingham.
- Co-Founder of the successful Anarchy Comedy Club which ran in Willenhall between 2012 and 2015.
- Writer of “You Must Go On”. Neverwhere Media Productions.
- Writer / Director of “Visitor” shown at festivals across the country. Sound as a Pound Films.
- Writer / Director of drama pieces in “Battered Britain” a documentary shown on Channel 4. Evans Woolfe Productions.
Nice Things Said About Me
“Dave Pitt writes from the heart and performs his work with energy and passion. Funny and thoughtful. Not to be missed.”
Emma Purshouse (writer and performance poet)”
“Dave is the band you hear and want to tell your mates about. The band with loud guitars, gut-thumping bass, and melodies you find yourself humming on the way home. Tunes you dance to. Tunes that remind you how good and how hard and how glorious life can be. Tunes that tell your story. Get ready to pogo.”
Steve Pottinger (writer and performance poet)
“A short story delivered with a comfortable patience that keeps us quiet and loud in all the right places. The final piece of prose brings elbows onto the table tops and some salt in our eyes.”
“Voice of Social Justice”
Review of Performance Poetry gig.